- Restore significant areas of heathland and acid grassland
- Improve the management of existing areas of heathland and acid grassland
- Survey and monitor important sites
- Write Management Plans for key sites
- Purchase equipment that will allow more of these habitats to be more efficiently managed
- Co-ordinate grazing to improve management
- Provide advice for landowners so that they can manage these habitats more effectively
- Engage people through volunteering, events, guided walks, interpretation and educational activities
Any one organisation working in isolation would not be able to make a big enough impact. This partnership project brings together a strong group of partners, including the Wildlife Trust, the RSPB, Forestry Commission and Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity along with the Bedfordshire Natural History Society, the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group, Central Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire County Councils.
Involving people is an important part of this project, especially if it is to continue to be successful beyond the initial 3 year project. Please contact us if you would like to get involved or find out more about events and activities near you email
To download the educational resources click here.